If you haven’t had the chance to peek downstairs into our private downstairs room, ask Raul or one of our servers to show you around the next time you stop by. We’ve hosted hundreds of private parties, from wedding receptions to recruiting dinners to business meetings to holiday parties to, well, you name it. Let us know what you’re thinking, and we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
What sort of dining options are available?
We have unlimited dining options and menus up our sleeve and ultimately the choice is yours. But to give you a sense of what your options can look like, we’ll provide a few sample menus shortly (check the “Menus” and “Beer Dinners” sections of our website to get a taste of some of the things we’ve done so far). Keep in mind, however, that these will be just samples; options are based on seasonal availability.
- Standard Dinner. This option provides each guest with a choice of appetizers, entree, and dessert. This is the simplest and, well, tidiest manner to take care of things. The downside, of course, is that it’s also the least interesting as people won’t get to try as many things. Here are a few samples we’ve done for businesses and for families.
- Heavy Appetizers. This is an ideal option for parties interested in less of a sit-down dinner and more of a cocktail, “mingling” sort of affair. Here are some sample heavy appetizers (and some desserts) that some of our clients choose from, and from there we can work with you to decide how you’d like to proceed with beverages (we love to pair our food with craft beers, matching wines, and/or pitchers of our classic margaritas).
- Family Style. This is a favorite where dinner options are placed on the table and everyone shares – also good with family-style appetizers and/or desserts along with a choice of entree. The advantage of this is that everyone gets to try a lot of things and it certainly promotes the “breaking bread” element of dining together. Of course, it does make for a food-laden table and, depending on how well everyone knows one another, may be more intimate than you’d prefer.
- Buffet Style. This gives you the benefit of options that family style offers without the clutter and sharing factor. On the other hand, it’s less formal and does require guests to get up to serve themselves.
- The Whole Nine Yards is quite popular because it can integrate both the buffet and a standard dinner element (here are some samples). That being, an appetizer buffet centered around a cocktail hour that precedes sitting down and ordering a choice of small soup or salad and an entree. The small soup or salad course is rather key here as it allows the kitchen time to prepare the entrees without an uncomfortable and obvious break in the meal.
What’s the space like?
One of the unique things about being located in a century-old building is that ours happens to have a downstairs speakeasy component. It’s true – our warm (or cool, in the summertime) cozy space used to be a real speakeasy back in the day, and we’ve done a lot to preserve historic components. Take a look and be sure to notice the exposed beams overhead – they just don’t make ‘em like that anymore. And if you look closely at the (original) brick wall, look for the occasional nail head—those too are original and hand-forged. Combine this unique history with modern amenities like a 60” high-definition flat screen (perfect for presentations, movie night, or that big game) and private bar, and you’ve got yourself the perfect space for just about any special occasion.
Is it handicap accessible?
How many does it seat?
When it comes to helping you plan your event, we try to accommodate most food requests and party sizes. For less formal, more mingling-types of events, the space comfortably fits about 70. For events more sit-down and food-focused (receptions, wine dinners, other private events), we try to keep it around 50.
Please call if you have any questions; don’t feel limited by the dishes mentioned, as we’re well-versed in creating that unique and memorable menu just for you. And it only makes sense that the room is based on availability and a minimum charge may apply.
Oh, and we’re happy to provide references. Just ask!
What Our Customers Are Saying…
“Thank you so much for all your help with our special event–you made it wonderfully memorable. The special meal you created was extremely delicious and the service was unparalleled! All our guests had a great time, and many made plans that night to return next week! Thank you so much for your courteous time and generous input! We look forward to working with you again.”
“Just wanted to let you know how much we were blown away by lunch in your private room. Your audio/visual set-up was something we just couldn’t find anywhere else, making your “speakeasy” the perfect place to actually get work done while enjoying some of the best Mexican food around. I really appreciate your flexibility with the days, and we will be back for sure.”